FARMING & RANCHING
2023 OPEN BOER GOAT SHOW
Livestock Events – Open Boer Goat Rules 2023
Judge – Terry Taylor
Superintendent – James Kennedy
Asst Superintendent – Carolina Keith
Open Boer Goat Show – Wednesday September 6, 2023, at 6:00pm
• Livestock Events General Rules & Regulations apply to these shows.
• The show is sanctioned by the American Boer Goat Association.
• This show is open to all exhibitors.
o There is no limit on the number of animals that can be entered in a class by an exhibitor.
o No animals shall be changed from one class to another after entry unless it is ineligible for the class in which it is entered.
o Substitutions will be allowed.
• All goats must be registered in the herd book of a recognized association before time specified by the show.
o Recognized associations include ABGA, International Boer Goat Association, USBGA and the Canadian Boer Goat Association.
o Original registration certificates are required. A copy of a registration application, stamped with the date received by a registered association, can be accepted for kids less than three (3) months of age.
o Animals must be registered in the name of the exhibitor and must have been owned by the exhibitor on or before the date determined by said show.
o Throughout the ABGA & JABGA show rules the term exhibitor is defined as the owner of the animal listed in the ABGA registry shown on the entry deadline.
o All goats must be appropriately identified and comply with USDA Scrapie Eradication Program Guidelines.
Call 1-866-873-2824 or visit the following website for more information:
• Birth dates as listed on the registration certificate will be used to determine the class divisions.
o The show date will be the base date in computing all ages.
• Heelers will not be allowed in any classes.
©2023 Permian Basin Fair & Exposition
218 W. 46th Street, Odessa, Texas • 79762