JUNIOR HEIFER SHOW 2023
Livestock Events – Junior Heifer & Steer Rules 2023
Judge Show A – Collin Welper
Judge Show B – Shane Jennings
Superintendent – J A Killabrew
Heifer Show A & B Sunday, September 10, 2023, 9:00am, followed by Steer Show A & B
- Livestock Events General Rules & Regulations apply to these shows.
- There will be two shows, Show A & Show B.
- Exhibitors wishing to participate in Show B must be registered in Show A.
- Exhibitors will show in Show A, move to the holding area for Show B.
- Exhibitors with multiple entries in one class refer to the General Rules.
- All Entries are non-refundable.
- Heifers & Steers will be stalled on 2 inches of sand. Exhibitors can use pelleted bedding.
- No wood shavings are allowed.
- Show order will be as follows:
- Heifers - Progress Steers - Prospect Steers - Scholarship Award - Showmanship
- Heifer Breeds will be shown in the following order:
ABC Brangus Limousin Santa Gertrudis
All Other Breeds Charolais Maine-Anjou Shorthorn
Angus Chianina Polled-Hereford Simbra
Brahman Hereford Red Angus Simmental
- Steer Breeds will be shown in the following order:
Amer. Breed Cross Hereford Santa Gertrudis Black Cross
Angus Limousin Shorthorn Red Cross
Brahman Maine Anjou Simbrah Other Cross
Brangus Polled Hereford Simmental
Charolais Red Angus
- Heifer show is a Fitted Show
- Heifer papers must be checked upon arrival or will not be in the show.
- Heifers must be registered in the name of the exhibitor 30 days prior to the show.
- Heifers will be shown by breed and age if numbers permit.
- Six animals are required to have more than one class.
- Heifers over 24 months of age as of October 1, 2021 are ineligible.
- Steer show is a Fitted Show
- Steers arriving at the show without an Official Texas Validation Ear tag or the State Validation form will not be eligible to show.
- After weigh-ins steers will be split into two divisions
- Progress Steers – 1000 lbs. & over and will be shown as British, American or Exotic. Prospect Steers – 999 lbs. and under.
- If a re-weigh is requested, the scales will be zeroed, then animal will be re-weigh.
- Classes for each breed will be broken by weight into equal numbers as close as possible.
After Superintendent has posted the classes, the exhibitor has (1) hour to notify the office of any corrections.