FARMING & RANCHING
2023 JUNIOR LAMB SHOW
Livestock Events – Junior Lamb Rules 2023
Junior Lamb Show – Sunday September 10, 2023, at 8:30am
Judge Show A – Josh Kouns
Judge Show B – Logan Jackson
Superintendent – Brittany Hernandez
Asst Superintendent – Blair Lawson
• Livestock Events General Rules & Regulations apply to these shows.
• There will be two shows, Show A & Show B.
o Exhibitors wishing to participate in Show B must be registered in Show A.
o Show B will follow Show A
o Exhibitors with multiple entries in one class refer to the General Rules and Regulations.
• Arrival time – Saturday September 9, 2023, after 3:00pm - Not before 3:00pm
• Lambs must be on the grounds by 6:00 pm Saturday September 9, 2023.
o NO LATE ARRIVALS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• Exhibitors will weigh and turn in weights and ear tag numbers of their own lamb.
o Lambs will not be allowed in the show ring without ear tags, existing ear tags may be used, or ear tags can be purchased for $5.00 in the Farming & Ranching Office.
o Weights should be turned in as soon as possible.
7:00 pm, Saturday September 9, 2023, is the deadline for all weights.
• After Superintendent has posted the classes, the exhibitor has (1) hour to notify the office of any corrections.
• Classes will be broken equally after weights are turned in.
o There will be a three (3) pound weigh back on the top of the class.
o Any lamb weighing three (3) pounds over the top of the class will be disqualified.
• Show order will be as follows:
• Wether & Ewe lambs may be shown together.
• Lambs are to be sheared to a uniform staple length over their entire body not to exceed 1/4 inch.
o Exceptions, top knot and boots will be allowed.
• No Paintings of lambs will be allowed.
• All Entry Fees are non-refundable
©2023 Permian Basin Fair & Exposition
218 W. 46th Street, Odessa, Texas • 79762