JUNIOR STEER SHOW 2023
Livestock Events – Junior Heifer & Steer Rules 2023
Judge Show A – Collin Welper
Judge Show B – Shane Jennings
Superintendent – J A Killabrew
Heifer Show A & B Sunday, September 10, 2023, 9:00am. Followed by Steer Show A & B
- Livestock Events General Rules & Regulations apply to these shows.
- There will be two shows, Show A & Show B.
- Exhibitors wishing to participate in Show B must be registered in Show A.
- Exhibitors will show in Show A, move to the holding area for Show B.
- Exhibitors with multiple entries in one class refer to the General Rules.
- All Entries are non-refundable.
- Heifers & Steers will be stalled on 2 inches of sand. Exhibitors can use pelleted bedding.
- No wood shavings are allowed.
- Show order will be as follows:
- Heifers - Progress Steers - Prospect Steers - Scholarship Award - Showmanship
- Heifer Breeds will be shown in the following order:
ABC Brangus Limousin Santa Gertrudis
All Other Breeds Charolais Maine-Anjou Shorthorn
Angus Chianina Polled-Hereford Simbra
Brahman Hereford Red Angus Simmental
- Steer Breeds will be shown in the following order:
Amer. Breed Cross Hereford Santa Gertrudis Black Cross
Angus Limousin Shorthorn Red Cross
Brahman Maine Anjou Simbrah Other Cross
Brangus Polled Hereford Simmental
Charolais Red Angus
- Heifer show is a Fitted Show
- Heifer papers must be checked upon arrival or will not be in the show.
- Heifers must be registered in the name of the exhibitor 30 days prior to the show.
- Heifers will be shown by breed and age if numbers permit.
- Six animals are required to have more than one class.
- Heifers over 24 months of age as of October 1, 2021 are ineligible.
- Steer show is a Fitted Show
- Steers arriving at the show without an Official Texas Validation Ear tag or the State Validation form will not be eligible to show.
- After weigh-ins steers will be split into two divisions
- Progress Steers – 1000 lbs. & over and will be shown as British, American or Exotic.
- Prospect Steers – 999 lbs. and under.
- If a re-weigh is requested, the scales will be zeroed, then animal will be re-weigh.
- Classes for each breed will be broken by weight into equal numbers as close as possible.
- After Superintendent has posted the classes, the exhibitor has (1) hour to notify the office of any corrections.