FARMING & RANCHING
2023 MARKET SWINE SHOW
Livestock Events – Open Swine Rules 2023
Swine Show – Sunday September 3, 2023, at 1:00pm
Judge – Michael Clawson
Superintendent – Steve Paz
• Livestock Events General Rules & Regulations apply to these shows.
• All pigs will be stalled no later than 3:00pm Saturday September 2, 2023.
NO LATE ARRIVALS
• Show order will be as follows:
• Swine exhibitors will turn in their weight card by 5:00 pm Saturday September 2, 2023.
• Weight Limit: 180 lbs. minimum, no maximum.
o First & second place will be reweighed and will be disqualified if the weight is more than 10 lbs. over the weight turned in by the exhibitor.
• After Superintendent has posted the classes, the exhibitor has (1) hour to notify the office of any corrections.
• All Entry Fees are non-refundable.
• A minimum of six (6) animals of one breed will be required to have breed classes, otherwise these animals will show OPB.
o If less than six (6) entries in OPB, no breed champion money will be given.
o Barrows or gilts will be allowed to show.
• Swine will be bedded on wood shavings.
o One (1) bag of shavings will be provided.
o Additional shavings can be added by the exhibitor.
o No shavings are sold on the fairgrounds.
©2023 Permian Basin Fair & Exposition
218 W. 46th Street, Odessa, Texas • 79762